9/12/2008

i have no words...

to write about how i feel right now other than that i am shocked and saddened at the loss of my friend Aleida Franklin. She was killed instantly this morning on her way to work when another car ran a red light.

i miss her terribly already. i never even met her in person, but her kindness, craziness, and generosity touched me everyday in my email, on the message boards, and occasionally over the phone with a tiny, giddy voice i never would have put to her beautifully elegant features. we had planned to meet someday to scrapbook, drink margaritas, and just be silly together.

her statement on her self-portrait above really says it all to me. there are so many important things that i simply take for granted; Aleida always knew the good she had and never failed one minute to appreciate it all.

Aleida was taken from her husband, two beautiful children, ages 7 and 4, and countless friends. Please refer to this post if you'd like to send cards to her family.

i'll miss you my friend.

post signature

14 paper addicts say...:

Deanna said...

I am so sorry...

Rita said...

I'm so heartbroken by this:( such a huge loss for her friends and family.

Sweet Peripety said...

I still cannot....

So sorry for her family..her kids...:(

Julie said...

I am so in shock at this news.

elizabeth rosemond said...

that's just horrible...and incredibly chilling that her very last post was a 9/11 tribute. i'm just now getting to know her through her blog and art.

Shaun said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am going to share a poem with you that has helped me through the loss of both my mother and my father.
Re-Assurance

Never look down for me after I leave your sight

Nothing of me is there-for who can imprison light

Look for me in the starts- on a scented night in spring

Nearer to you than your heart-for space is a human thing.

Look for me in the rose-the gold in a sunset sky

For love has transfigured me-the mortal that once was I

Look for me in the dawn-when the day is new and fair

Now and eternally, call me and I shall be there

As you cannot conceive my freedom from time and space

Why do you think it's strange that you cannot see my face?

Trust in that inner sense that you and I hold dear

Of knowing beyond a doubt, that I am truly here...

Love and God bless,
Shaun
www.roomswithaview.typepad.com

Dawn said...

My heart is broken... :-(

Ki said...

Hugs Liz..today is such a tragic and sad day.

Denise said...

Liz, you wrote a beautiful tribute. Aleida was one in a million.

Mye said...

Liz, this is so beautiful. I feel your pain, she was a wonderful person. ((hugs & kisses))

Jessi Gribbin said...

Liz, this is so terrible. I feel like it's all a bad dream. I am heartbroken beyond words. Your tribute is beautiful, and your poem at SC is so perfect. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
Hugs!!

Noel said...

so so so sad..... :(

Greta Adams said...

{{{hugs my friend}}}}
and you can refer to my post for something i am trying to organize from all of us as well....

i love you k-liz

Nancywithajones said...

Still can't believe this happened. It just seems so surreal. I keep waiting on her to pop up and say JUSTTTTTTTT CHITTIN YA! that would be so wonderful.
BIG HUGS GIRLFRIEND!
hugs and smooches!
xoxoxoxox