9/19/2008

Ew to New #11

the line of cars to pick up michael from school wraps around a residential area and while parked one day, i noticed a man sitting in his garage staring at the pile of trash he had out at the curb. hmmmm...very large bathroom sink, a few bags, a weird plastic part of something, a nasty looking broom...and then...SCORE!!! well, this is not the best picture...

gorgeous picture frame! i got out and asked if i could have it. he said, "yeah, take whatever you want. you want the sink, too?" um, no thanks; i don't plan on doing any front yard bath fixture gardening, or whatever that's called. reminds me of the tub with the tuba in it about two miles from here. yes, i said tub and tuba. no joke.

anywho, the paperboard was a gift from my momma...well, she used it to protect a painting she sent me in the mail. that's why it's all taped up. i'm glad i didn't throw it away and stuffed it under our bed intead. so, i went to town collecting papers in the right colors and then punched away!

see that little tree on the left? that's from my girl, Denise. she sent it to me like the sweetheart that she is. i plan to decorate it and put it right back up in that little spot.

post signature

18 paper addicts say...:

Sarah said...

Oh that's so pretty. Can't wait to see what you do with the tree.

Dana said...

Hey Friend! I am finally back from my trip. Sorry I didnt get to participate in the challenge this week but it hardly matters..you rocked it! Have a great weekend :) Dana

Kelly said...

Wow Karen - total score. Looks fab!!

Ally said...

Ok - that is just too cool. I would never be able to see beyond the "junk" and you found beauty! I am totally impressed.

mommy2alex said...

Wow, that's amazingly creative!! Love the pops of color that it adds to your room...hmmm, I'm going to go in search of a frame now, thanks for the inspi!!

Anonymous said...

That is just so yummy I love it!! These projects are great! I love that little tree too, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Greta Adams said...

girl you are the shit..that is all i can say!! love it

Jenn O said...

So lovely! I am going to have to take some inspiration and do something like this!

Kimber-Leigh said...

gorgeous karen! i got a little tree from denise too...and plan on decorating it soon too!

Lori Jolley said...

Wow! I really love that! The colors are beautiful!

Nancywithajones said...

OMG THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME I wanna see a closer pic of it I THINK I need to do one of these.
GIRL YOU ARE SO FREAKIN FABULOUS!!!

Lynn said...

looks beautiful Karen :)

Denise said...

I am still waiting for you to come and Ew to New my entire home. I love your creative eye. How you can see junk and see a treasure. The artwork you made is gorgeous. When I saw that you did an Ew to New I thought...she must have done the tree. LOL! The tree looks perfect in that spot. :o)

Dawn said...

You always amaze me with your creations! I really am looking forward to see what you do with the 'tree'. I know it will be fabulous!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! You've definitely got the "eye" for "ew to new" - sure wish I did!

Sweet Peripety said...

lovely ew to new!

Mye said...

You're da bomb! I love it, I might hae to try this one.

April D said...

Wow that frame looks soo awesome! great job with it!