10/06/2008

monday...Ew to New #12

i returned from my scrappin' weekend yesterday afternoon. aimee was not able to go at the last minute, but jana was there and so was her sister dana whom i had not seen in about a year or so. but, they had things going on with the family (a new baby for their brother) and had to leave early. ooh, and she is a cutie!

still, eva and i had a ball! she had another friend over on saturday night (trudy) and they really beat me out by staying up until past 3am! it was trudi's first time scrapbooking...she's completely hooked and left with a list of necessities. i hit the hay about midnight or so on sat. and...i know i said, "straight scrapbooking." well, that didn't happen. only 7 layouts. but i did 3 ew to new projects. before i share one of them, here are a few pics from the weekend. i only took two. we were just too busy!


Eva has a ton of buttons!!! look at them all! she was so very nice to let me dig through and pick out ones i wanted. i didn't have the heart to tell her that i just wanted to shut the container and hide the whole thing in my cropping bag. so i limited myself to about 10 or so. :)




EW to NEW #12...

super countrified frame-$1.00 at Goodwill (during 1/2 price day). I commented during the crop this weekend that i'm so damn cheap i only shop at Goodwill on 1/2 price days. eva's friend suggested that isn't cheap, it's smart. and i think i agree...why pay full price for junk? but she is still too kind. :)

a little paint, sandpaper, and lots of pp strips (inspired by April Foster)...and some items from SC kits...not sure which kits though.

and ta-na (as mich used to say):



have a good monday! crap! it's already 12:32pm!

post signature

17 paper addicts say...:

Nicole said...

I love your "new" frame. I never though to check out thrift stores for alterable items, but now that is on my list of to dos. :)

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

Love it Liz... nothing like taking ewww to ohhh so beautiful! :-) Glad you had fun cropping, sorry Aimee wasn't there.

hummm... what is this about scheduling potty time?? jk
as in crap! it's already 12:32pm

Erin M said...

always love your ew to new! Keep 'em coming!!!!!

Susan Beth said...

Love the ew to new! May have to give something like that a try myself.

Anonymous said...

oh man, it's FAB! love the music note theme!

Rita said...

You amaze me Liz!! What a gorgeous project! You've inspired me to give home decor a try!

vtpuggirl said...

Love how this turned out, neat idea!
I'm a little cheap too. My dh made me get new shoes after I duck-taped the old pair (the soles only had worn out, the rest of the shoe was ok). I'm trying not to let it get to that point anymore. :)

waleska said...

glad you had fun, Liz! and did you say only 7? that's a whole lot to me!! very cool frame :)

Dawn said...

I am so glad that you had fun! I LOVE your newest project! You are so creative!!

aimee said...

Love the frame!
i'm so jealous! looks like ya'll had fun! i would have loved to see dana...
sorry i missed it :(

Denise said...

Do you even know how many countrified framed art pieces I sold at a garage sale a year ago? Makes me sick that I have to go purchase one at Goodwill to copy you, because I love what you designed. I will probably be rebuying one of my old ones back. LOL! :o) TFS!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Supe cute frame! I hadn't thought of Goodwill...actually we don't have one in my neck of the woods. I love your blog....thanks for stoppping by;) I'll be back!

Greta Adams said...

WOW girl...that is awesome.... i love your ew to new projects...i look forward to that...

u rock and i am glad you had a good time...

Anonymous said...

WOW - you are completely amazing! That sooooooo rocks!

mommy2alex said...

I so love your ew to new items!
This one is great and I too shop at Goodwill on the 1/2 off days!

GretaB said...

Seriously wayyyy cool! I think I say that about all your ew to new projects. But it's true - it is fantastic! Shopping on 1/2 price day makes complete sense to me, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

A woman after my own heart! I love altering stuff and will only buy the cheapest stuff available to do it with...Want some buttons? I have a couple hundred I could spare...Gina