9/06/2008

Ew to New #10

finally, right? i know you've all just been dying to see another ew to new ;)

found this at the dollar store. pretty uggo...sanded it down to get the shiny off...



added lots of my favorite squares from SC kits past...and made a door hanger for a little girl in mich's class who is having a birthday party today; we don't know her from Adam.




not entirely sold on the way it came out. i like it, but it's not exactly what i had pictured. and, like i said, we don't know the girl AT ALL, so i have no clue what she likes. michael picked out our standard girl gift to go with it also: a bracelet making kit.

that brings up the question...when did it start that you had to invite EVERYONE in your class to a birthday party if you wanted to be able to hand out invites at school? what if i don't want 20 kids running around my house? is the school going to come and help me chaperone? i got my feelings hurt plenty by not being invited to parties as a kid, but at least i knew where i wasn't wanted. i dealt with it and moved on. it builds character. of course, maybe some disagree and think i'm pshyco. whatever.

have a great saturday!

post signature

11 paper addicts say...:

aimee said...

that is freakin cute!

i was thinking...what about main event. he could take one or two friends. they have laser tag, bowling etc....and if you only took a couple it might not be to expensive.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I think your project turned out perfectly! Nice to meet you too! Now explain to me, LOL, do I call you Karen, or do I call you Liz??

ricanlaw said...

You are psycho. I don't invite everyone unless it's at an off-site place. Cause my son doesn't like all his classmates, some are complete punks and I want to enjoy myself and worry about whippin a--. Ha, okay I said that to get a reaction. Seriously invite the pals only, f-the others. ;)

Tara said...

Beautiful little sign! I don't know the girl either, but I can guarantee that she's going to love it!
And my 7-year-old only has 3 other boys in his class, so I've got no complaints at having to invite all the boys in his class!

Rita said...

First, I lol'd at Aleida's comment! Loved the project! It's just gorgeous! If she doesn't like it, you can change the name to Ashley and send it to my DD:) My DS's b-day is Jan 5, so it's horrible for class parties so we haven't actually invited the whole class before. The good news is, when he goes to those, only about 5 or 6 from the class usually come. I think most parents know they got an invite bc they had to, kwim?

Denise said...

The schools around here do that, too. Forget that crap. Why should you invite the little freaks that pick on you during class. Hand out the invites outside of school - not in and you can get around it. I promise you won't be sent to the principal's office. However, around here the principal isn't too bad to look at and I would love to be sent there.

And I have not forgotten...your door placque is gorgeous, but you misspelled the name. It is D-e-n-i-s-e. :o)

Oh and thank you for the I Love Your Blog prize. You rock. :o)

Susan Beth said...

Love the ew to new thing! Looks too good to give to a kid you barely know! And I agree, should not have to invite every kid in the class to a party. Should be allowed to teach your child to be discrete and invite those who your child most wants and you can then have the party you can afford. I'm opinionated that way!

Erin said...

love your little project! so cute!

Greta Adams said...

oh i LOVE the way it turned out...i think it is fab and she will love it....

glad you did another ew to new...i love when you do those....now could you come do something with a piece of eww furniture i just dragged in my room!! i'd so appreciate it...cause it is beyond ewww but has so much potential..LOL

Sarah said...

Love the ew to new. That is so so ca*ute! My DD's bday is in the summer so we only invite who we want to come.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

SO SO CUTE!