2/20/2008

How to make Magic Boxes...

woohoo! finally! here it is. thanks to vimeo which i found on Simone's website. much better than photobucket for the longer vids. it just didn't like my other one. and that's what took so long to get this up here. i had to make two. the first one was just far too long.


anywho, posted my original project here...so take a peek for variations on embellishing the projects. i had originally used it as a valentine's gift for michael's teacher. also, check this fab-o blog (where i got the idea)...so here goes!


Supply List for one Magic Box:



  • 1 piece 8.5x8.5 cardstock (outer lid)

  • 2 pieces 6x12 cardstock (outer box)

  • 4 pieces 2-7/8x5 cardstock (inner lids)

  • 4 pieces 8x8 cardstock (inner boxes)

  • Bone Folder

  • Ruler

  • Pencil

  • Scissors

  • 4 brads

  • super tacky adhesive like Art Accentz Terrifically Tacky Tape

I recommend thicker cardstocks like plain Bazzill, Crate Paper, Cosmo, BG, etc. Feel free to coordinate all different patterns for the different pieces of the project. Two sided papers are great to coordinate on the inner lids.



How to make Magic Boxes from karenmataraza on Vimeo.

If you make these, please do share your creation and link it back to this post by March 3rd (or any of my posts--i always read all my comments). I'll choose a random winner to receive a RAK from me!!! that give you this weekend and next so get to some box-makin'!!!


Thanks so much! and thanks to Simone for the video idea! watch for some crafty Easter idea videos coming soon!
post signature

5 paper addicts say...:

Greta Adams said...

oh girl...you are the cutest!!! i love the tutorial and i will be trying my hand at one of those nifty boxes..that is the coolest!!

Unknown said...

You are most welcome.
Vimeo rocks, the quality is so much better than Youtube and they have a HD option.
Love the little box, I think we are gonna TRY and make one this weekend.
When are ya gonna invite me over to see your room of crap?? LOL

Jessica said...

http://jessicabarnett.blogspot.com/

This is a great project! I'm sure I'll be doing a lot more in the future.
TFS!

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Okay, I tried one of these and LOVED IT! Thank you so much for doing the tutorial (and thanks to Owen also). ;) You can check out my blog to see the results. I will be doing many more of these I know. :)http://lizzybellsfrozendelights.blogspot.com/

Sharie said...

What a wonderful tutorial - thanks for sharing it! Your little boy is adorable, too.