6/22/2008

Hot Room Update...

i mean Chuck E. Cheese. (the hot room is what we called the 'fridge' where we kept all of our bacteria growing at UT. except it was hot. there was a cold room too, but not nearly as stinky.)


anyway, i took mich and owen to their cousin's 8th bday party yesterday. mike's aunt sally went all out and it was a wonderful day. it's always nice to see them and we really don't do enough of it. i was hesitant to take owen; for whatever reason, he didn't come with a leash. go figure. but Aunt Sally hadn't seen him since he had just learned to crawl. so we took him and he sat in the high chair for most of the time just looking around! i guess it was a lot for him to take in. it wasn't until the last 40 minutes or so that i let him loose. and it got a bit hairy at times, but i just had to divert his attention to calm the screams. mich had a good time as always, winning three tickets here, 10 tickets there, and yelling "stupid piece a junk" at the games which didn't give him any tickets at all. awww, just like his momma.

and i played that dang 'loose change' game. it's a good thing i had several lurkers right behind me playing with the change in their hands, otherwise i'd still be there. you see, it's a terribly addictive game and when you go to CEC with Aunt Sally, your token supply is unlimited. one reason you will never catch me sitting at a table in vegas. i might be doing something else at a table (or on a table) but never sitting at it gambling. ;) i have a terribly addictive personality...good thing i just stick to the hard stuff...scrapbooking supplies.

so after three showers, dinner, a good night's sleep and about 13 hand-washings with a green scrubby and lysol, i'm off to start Sunday probably working in the yard and getting mich's desk from his gramma's so we can finally unpack all of his books and trophies.

post signature

3 paper addicts say...:

Anonymous said...

My Dh and I are addicted to that "Loose Change" game, too. While my DD played at an indoor play place about a week ago, we won over 4000 tickets from various games....I don't even want to think about how much money we spent that day. EEk. I try not to think of the germs at CEC when we go. LOL. It just makes me psychotic.

mborrero said...

yeah you brave.. understand the hot room. I work at a school at people wonder why the ac is set at subzero...

Denise said...

Chuck E. Cheese...on a Saturday...I am impressed as you are very brave. I tend to find myself sitting folded up in a ball muttering get the rat away from me when I end up there. LOL! It looks like you had a great time though. :o)

Have a great Sunday. I planned on working in the garden today, but it ended up raining. Yea! Now I get to scrap with no guilt. :o)